We love the House of Mouse. So much so that when we moved to Florida in 2012, we immediately took advantage of the Florida resident annual pass which allows you to make payments monthly. Definitely great if you can't afford it all up front.
We average about five visits per year with each stay lasting three to four days. We've shared with you the 3 things that make Disney a happier place for us and them here and also NewsyDad's first visit at the age of 45, where he perceived Disney as just another amusement park. See if he changed his mind here. One of our more recent trips included Hollywood Studio's Frozen Summer Fun LIVE!. Read the full recap with videos here including the sing-a-long which is still part of the festivities at the park.
Speaking of videos, you've seen the viral ones where parents share how they surprised their kids with a trip to Disney. The reaction of some children is just priceless. We recently surprised Monkey & Lil Tank. Will there be smiles or tears? Watch the video below to find out.
For some other great ideas, check out the links below.
- WDW Prep School - having a character call your children to let them know the exciting news!
- Babble - using postcards and pictures to reveal the big trip!
- Walt Disney World - various ideas including ways to ensure your surprise is NOT a flop!
- Touring Plans - clues centered around ground and air transportation, tangible gifts, and special messengers!
- Undercover Tourist - ideas include puzzle pieces, scavenger hunts and packing their bags but also leaving creative clues without them knowing!
Have you ever surprised your children with a magical vacation? How did you do it? What was their reaction?
To make your trip to the Happiest Place on Earth even more magical, Newsy Parents is giving you a chance to win a $1000 Disney gift card! Just fill out the form below to enter. Good luck!