Disclosure: NewsyDad (Brian) and I were invited to a blogger event were we sampled some of the offerings in this article. We were also provided a gift card to purchase other menu items. No other compensation was received. All opinions are our own.
I don't know about you but caffeine is a necessary part of my life. Whether it's a can of soda (NewsyDad calls it pop) or a cup of joe, I need one a day. That's right, just one. Either/or not necessarily both. On Monday (tomorrow), I'm gonna get my caffeine fix for FREE! Yes, read on to find out who's offering a complimentary java jolt for National Coffee Day. But first, we want to tell you about some of the new things coming to one well known coffee chain near you.
As NewsyDad wrote here, he attended his first blogger event with me at Dunkin' Donuts where we learned all about their pumpkin-flavored favorites and new items for fall. We're toasting to their new Pumpkin Creme Brûlée Coffee and Lattes. If you like sweet things, you'll love their Creme Brûlée. I preferred the Dark Roast Hazelnut Swirl. The Pumpkin Mocha was also good. All are served hot or iced.
Of all the things NewsyDad tasted at the event, he really enjoyed the Pumpkin Pie Donut, which came as no surprise to me because pumpkin pie is his absolute favorite. The Pumpkin Pie Donut is a pumpkin pie flavored butter creme filled pastry frosted with white icing and sprinkled with graham cracker topping. Who wouldn't find that tasty?
My favorite was the Pumpkin Munchkins Donut Holes. I just enjoy their Donut Holes so this was a no brainer. We took some home to share and Monkey & Lil Tank kept popping them in their mouths. Just the right size for children or adults!
Some other great offerings at Dunkin' Donuts this fall are the Pumpkin Donut, Pumpkin Muffin, Spicy Smoked Sausage Breakfast Sandwich, Pepper Jack Bagel and Chicken with Bacon Croissant Sandwich. If you like spicy, I highly recommend the sausage breakfast sandwich. But I warn you, it's like habanero spicy... or whatever pepper is hotter than that. The Pepper Jack Bagel gave you a good kick of spice but was still enjoyable to eat. If I was going to have lunch at Dunkin', I would get the Chicken Croissant. It had cheese and bacon, too. As you know from reading my posts here and here, I LOVE croissants.
The wonderful team at Tilson PR, who invited us to the blogger event, shared the recipes below. We personally tasted the Whoopie Pies and they were delicious. They gave you that pumpkin flavor with a mix of chocolate. Not too sweet, just yummy goodness. They look easy enough to make at home, too.
Pumpkin Munchkins Donut Hole Treats Whoppie Pie Recipe
- 25 Munchkin Donut Hole Treats (ask for a mix of pumpkin and chocolate)
- 1 small Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Latte
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 4 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 TSP of vanilla
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- Beat butter and cream cheese together with an electric mixer.
- Sift powdered sugar and add into cream cheese mixture until smooth.
- Add vanilla, beat until incorporated.
- Cut Munchkins in half.
- Spread filling in between the two halves of the Munchkin.
Instructions for Pumpkin Mocha Dipping Sauce:
- Combine Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Latte with chocolate chips, stir until smooth.
- Microwave 30 seconds at a time. Add more heat in increments of 15 seconds if needed, stir in between.
- Serve as dipping sauce with Munchkin Whoopie Pies.
Pumpkin Donut Parfait Recipe:
- 6 Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Donuts (crumbled)
- 1 medium Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Latte (chilled)
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 TBSP powdered sugar
- Pour pudding mix and Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Latte into large bowl. Whisk for 2 minutes (until thickened). Set aside.
- Place whipping cream in a stand mixer with whip attachment and whip until soft peak forms.
- Add powdered sugar to whipping cream.
- Whip until combined. Set aside.
- In 6 serving glasses, layer crumbled donut pieces, pudding and whipped cream in alternating order.
- Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Now, what you've been waiting for... the list of places where you can get a free cup of coffee on National Coffee Day.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Get a free medium cup of Dark Roast Coffee, their new flavor. From September 30 to October 5, the same size cup of coffee is available for only 99¢.
- Krispy Kreme: Help yourself to a free cup of 12 oz. coffee, or get a mocha, latte, or iced coffee for only $1.
- McDonald’s: Monday marks the end of their two-week coffee giveaway where they've provided one complimentary small coffee to customers during morning hours.
- Original Brooklyn Water Bagel Co.: Get a free coffee with the purchase of any menu item.
- Starbucks: Receive free samples of its Anniversary Blend until noon. Also you can get $25 off $100 purchases at Starbucks.com with coupon code RMN25SEPT good through Tuesday.
So, what's your go-to coffee shop? What do you like to order there?