Disclosure: I was provided a complimentary bag to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed are honest and provided without monetary compensation.
Did you ever wear a fanny pack? Growing up we thought they were so not cool. But fast forward several decades and children later, I've changed my mind. As a mom, I am always looking for products that will allow me to be hands-free so I can chase... errr... run around with the kids. Since "fanny pack" has such a "nerdy" connotation, I prefer to say bum bag or hip hugger.
Recently, I was introduced to Petal & Stem's Hip Hugger. With its multiple pockets, secret compartments and stylish design, it's definitely the new "hip" thing! The picture below is during our latest trip to Disney, where we surprised the girls - video revealing how we pulled it off here.
Description from Petal & Stem's website: This belt is made for the woman on the go with a splash of fashion combined with a handy pocket. Great for mothers with only two hands, commuters, travelers, and practical fashionistas. Keep everything close to your body and handy to reach. No more digging in a oversized hand bag!
If you've been to Disney, you know about the bag check. This hip hugger was so easy to remove from your waist, open the compartments for the check and strap back on - making the bag check a breeze!
There are 3 sets of snaps to adjust for comfort level. I'm a petite girl standing at 4'11'' but I chose the medium size so I could have more room for adjustment. Click here to find out what size you should get.
Because there are so many pockets throughout the Hip Hugger, the weight of your items is evenly distributed unlike fanny packs of the 1980's where the only zipper pocket was in the front. The picture above shows just one way to store your valuables. The Hig Hugger is also reversible and comes in lots of great patterns as seen here. It's definitely a fashion piece. It's great for not only trips to Disney but to the park or playdates. Lots of great uses!
Top 3 things I like about the Petal & Stem Hip Hugger:
- Pocket in the back with 7" zipper (where my Disney season pass is located, could also hold larger phone or small point & shoot camera)
- Pocket in the front with velcro (where my cash is located)
- Detachable pouch with two pockets (where my cell phone & business cards are located)
- Petal & Stem's website here.
- They usually retail for $68 each. But be sure to check out their sale page here for some designs as low as $36.
- They also sell wrist huggers here, which you wear around your wrist. Perfect for running to store some cash and a key.
What do you think about the Hip Hugger? How do you feel about fanny packs/bum bags/hip huggers?